Monday, January 8, 2018

Late Bloomers Progress

Late Bloomers was one of 4 quilt kits that I've brought with me for my winter sewing.  It was started last year and I had the hourglass blocks done before I gave up on it put it away.

Well in the last seven days, I've picked away at squaring up every hourglass block and put together most of the quilt.    I've probably worked at it for no more than 1 hour per day.    I'm now working on the two side borders and probably only a couple of hours away from having the top done.  It's a good size, it will be 60" x 60" when finished.  It happens to be the perfect width for my entryway and after it's quilted, it will replace my Winter Wonderland.

I love the whimsy and movement in the flowers.  I love that it's a star block and a nine patch.   I love even more that I used all fabrics from my scraps and stash.

My mind is now wondering on what kit to work on next.    Stay tuned.


1 comment:

Donna's chitchat said...

OMG gail, its amazing.. soo sweet. I love it