Friday, May 5, 2017

Getting ready for Quilt Canada

I'm getting excited about teaching at quilt Canada next month.    I'm almost already.    I am thinking of all the extra things I might need while away.   One thing that came to mind is that I will have classroom assistants for each of my four classes.   I'll make little "Canada" themed pouches to use as thank you gifts.  


The pouches start out with piecing scraps together to make a strip.    Add a strip of plain fabric on top.    Then stitch curves on the plain fabric.  On my older Pfaff sewing machine, I have a cute maple leaf stitch that is just perfect for the 150 Canada celebrations..  The red thread is used to stitch a few maple leaves.  Then I add my label and finish off the zipped pouch.    I just love them....



What are these pouches good for, you ask.    Well, anything small I guess.    
Your rotary cutter, or your good collection of special pens..






1 comment:

Kathy said...

How thoughtful! Your classroom assistants will be thrilled!