Friday, September 23, 2016

Crabapple Jelly

Well, my friend Lee was telling us at coffee this morning about making crabapple jelly.   It was a nice story about a crab apple tree that she admired in her neighbourhood for some time.   She happened to cross paths with the owner of the tree.  After having a nice conversation about the tree, she offered Lee some of the crabapples.   Lee prepared the jelly and said how beautifully clear and pink the jelly was.    It sounded so nice.


That's all I needed to hear..   I've never made it before, but I have been watching a crab apple tree in my secret garden.  The apples are so red this year, they are visible from quite far away.    I couldn't wait to come home and see if I had enough of the little beautiful red apples.    Sure enough, I did.   More than enough.    After a quick trip to the store to buy cheesecloth,  my husband helped me prepare the juice.   A few hours later, and using this Certo recipe, we have 8 beautiful jars of Crabapple Jelly.






4 comments:

Hartshead Pike said...

Hi Gail,

I am an avid reader of your blog and would love to know what sewing machine you have - I love the aprons you made for your Grandkids.

Thanks!
Suzanne Jones

Lee said...

Nice to know that I can be a good influence! Pretty!

KaHolly said...

They look so pretty! Bet they're yummy, too!

Unknown said...

You're so productive, Gail! They look very pretty on the window soil.

Margie