Tuesday, July 5, 2016

What will I work on Tomorrow?

I'm loving this warm weather.  But it does limit my sewing.  I love being outside on days like this and my sewing room is too warm to sew in.     Lately I'm lucky if I get half an hour in the sewing room.  

One thing I try to do is to set my sewing up so that when I walk in tomorrow, I know exactly what I'm going to work on.   So you see from this picture,  I've left the room, my machine is off, but I have work pinned, and ready to stitch when I go back in tomorrow morning.

In this case, I'm working on three of the little quilted as you go bags.   They are just the nicest little gifts.   I've given out a few and I have none left.

For example, last week, one of my quilter friends, Kaye, from way back, transported my sewing machine back from being serviced by the dealer in Moncton.  I was thrilled that she did that for me.   It totally saved me a 2 hour trip there and 2 hours back.   When I met up with her to get my machine,  I gave her one of these as bags a little thank you....  She loved it.  

So, it's good to have a few on hand just in case another small thank you gift is needed quickly.

No comments: