Thursday, February 18, 2016

Happy Pencil Pushers

We had a fun afternoon of making this simple pencil case here in the community.  We used the craft room which has tables all set up for doing crafty/sewy stuff.  I didn't count, but I think we had 10 people do this project.

This little pencil case involved some simple sewing, zipper foot work and hand stitching.   We were done in 2.5 hours.   There was lots of talking going on and everyone loved the tabbed zipper technique.   They had not seen that before.  


So I had lots of hugs and thank you's at the end of the class.   Do you think these girls will stop at just making one pencil case?  I gave them some brief notes/directions so they could make another one at home.  Something tells me I'll be seeing a few more made before the winter is out.


2 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

Pictures didn't work.... please try that again!! I am dying to see how it all went!

Kathy said...

I see the pics. Sweet pencil cases...and written names! Congratulations 😀