Thursday, October 30, 2014

Presenting St. Anthony's Raffle Quilt - Bourgoyne Surrounded

Well, it's been just over a year, that this quilt has been on the frame at church.  We are six regular quilters.  I'm not sure I would call myself a regular quilter since I miss 3 or 4 months of the 9 month quilting year.  

It's always a great event when we get to take a quilt off the rack.   We carefully unclamp, unpin and unroll.   It's always a deep sense of satisfaction as we look over the front and back and admire our work under the guise of looking for missed lines of stitching.  None to be found so we relax and enjoy a cup of tea before the next quilt goes on.      

I put the burgundy binding on this week at home.   I'll do up a label this week and it'll be applied sometime before the quilt is raffled.   I think it makes it's first appearance out in the raffle world this weekend.  

Nice eh!


6 comments:

Sandra said...

Beautiful quilt Gail. Where will tickets be available?

Linda H said...

Lovely!! What size is it?

PaintedThread said...

So very pretty. I hope it sells lots of tickets!

Dolores said...

It looks lovely. We do the same thing - look for missed lines and then admire our work.

Anonymous said...

Wow, your quilt is beautiful! Hand quilting is so very beautiful and special.

Heather said...

Gorgeous!!