Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Quilting the Canada Day Flag

Actually as you probably know, this little quilt has ten flags.

See, I'm going to visit my sister on Friday.  For the past few days, I've been focusing on getting this Canada Day quilt done for her.  It's going to be for her new Boler trailer.  It's like a cute vintage cottage on wheels.  I know they'll probably be taking it camping the long weekend in May.  And I want her to have this quilt for when she goes on her first trip.

Right now, I can say the quilt is over 50% machine quilted.  If I stick to my guns and spend an hour today to quilt the maple leaves, and another hour tomorrow quilting the outside borders, the last hour binding will go like a breeze.  


6 comments:

PaintedThread said...

The quilting looks wonderful. I can't wait to see it all completed.

Churn Dash said...

What a super present! That quilting is lovely.
Helen

Colleen said...

Your sister will be the envy of any campground she stakes out this summer.

Kathy said...

Keep your pedal to the medal Gail!!

heather said...

I need to get mine done too...all blocks are done at least !

Dolores said...

What a lovely gift. I'm sure it will be well loved.