Sunday, January 5, 2014

Stand up and Sew!

Our home away of home has no normal height tables to sew on.   This is the dining room table.  It's a cafe height table.  It's to high to sew while sitting on the stool height chairs.  So after thinking about it for a few days, I decided, why not stand up and sew.  I first saw my sister using her serger to sew while standing up.  And now I use my serger standing up too.   So why not sew standing up.   Granted I'm only sewing short seams and I'm back and forth to my ironing board and cutting table.   It works for now.   For bigger jobs, I'll have to figure something else out.  

I've decided to try a new approach to my normal style of sewing.   I've brought several projects with me to sew on.   I think I will start and finish a project before start a new one.   I don't know if I have the willpower to do that, but I'm going to try.

So, what am I working on?   I brought a kit of scrappy fabrics to make a Canada Day Quilt for my sister.    Today, I made five of the 5 maple leaves.  

The weather looks so so this week so I'll probably get the other 5 done within the next few days.  



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gail, glad to see you are gearing up for some new sewing projects. What we quilters won't do for a little bit of sewing time! World quilt show in West Palm Beach beginning Jan. 9th. Happy sewing. Lucy

Donna's chitchat said...

How exciting… I love the colours of your maple leafs… your sister is one lucky gal. She is also very smart that she could teach YOU a new way to sew!.. standing no less… I love it… and i love the quilt...

heather said...

Could u put a sturdy box to put the foot pedal on sew that u can sit and sew for bigger projects ?

Linda said...

I an having the same problem, running around to my cutting table, ironing table and sewing machine. However this makes me very tired!!! Any suggestions?