Sunday, December 22, 2013

Merry Christmas

Just before I close down my sewing room until the new year, I'm preparing 3 or 4 of the larger blocks of the Snowmen A-Zzz pattern.   I learned from the last big stitching project, not to leave the large blocks to the last. This time, the large blocks will all be done first.  I'll be using different DMC floss colors in this project instead of just doing redwork.  I think it will add a different look and keep it interesting as I stitch along.  
My sister gave me three nicely organized boxes of floss a few years ago.   The kiddos have made many many friendship bracelets out of those boxes of floss, and there is still so much left.  Well, I never thought I'd be doing a big stitching project like this that needed so many colors.   So, I'm glad I've got them.    Thanks so much Donna!!
This time next week, we will be doing our final packing and heading south to Florida.  My travel sewing machine with a kit of notions is all packed up ready to go.  Besides my hand stitching projects, I'll be taking a couple of quilt kits with me to sew up.   If I run out of things to do, I'm sure I'll be able to do some fabric shopping at the local quilt shops. :)

So after today, my other sewing machines will be covered for their winter hibernation. 

And blogging will resume from points south, in the New Year.

A Merry Christmas to you all!


No comments: