Thursday, November 28, 2013

Testing a new Block Construction method.

I'm thinking about making a fun little quilt using various red fabrics.   I bought the book that the pattern was in, and I was not really happy with the wasteful method for constructing the blocks.  

So I'm inventing/testing a new way to make the blocks that will use less fabric.     These are my test blocks.   I'll finish up the test blocks either tomorrow or on the weekend, and share what the pattern is.    

Are you frugal when it comes to block construction?


3 comments:

Lee said...

Can't help myself!

momto1 said...

I do try to be frugal, especially since I know what it feels like to run out of fabric before the project is done. I save all kinds of scraps, though, to go into small scrappy projects, so I no longer agonize over small waste, but it sounds like the instructions you're working with had more than just a bit of waste. Can't wait to see what you have to show us!

Dolores said...

You bet! It's one of the reasons I am not that keen on paper piecing. There seems to be a lot of waste.