Friday, November 22, 2013

St. Dunstan's 2014 Raffle Quilt - Week 2 of 5

Whew, that was a quick week that just passed by.  I did get all my strips sewn together. After pressing all the seams to one side, I did meet my stretch target to have all 40 of these 21" strips cut into 2.5 segments.    So the math tells me I should have somewhere around 320 three-patch strips.   A few extras will help me out of some color traps when I'm coming to the end of sewing these nine-patches together.

This week, my plan is to sew these into the required 99 nine-patches and to get them all ironed.  My stretch target is to cut out the plain alternate squares and the side setting triangles.

I like making small weekly goals because this week I had many other little things to do.  Next week is looking the same. 

This strategy works well for me.     Do you have to micro-manage your sewing too?


No comments: