Thursday, November 22, 2012

TWO Million Documented Steps

I've had my Ipod nano for two years.  When I go for my healthy walk each day, I like to listen to my favorite radio station  92.3FM.  Every song is a classic and I just love walking to the old familiar music.    I keep the pedometer turned on and like to measure in steps, any new routes.    

Yesterday... A milestone.  Two Million "documented" steps in two years.  I rolled over the Two Million mark just as we were almost home.   I say documented because sometimes I forget to charge the pedometer, sometimes I just forget to bring it.  

So how far is two million steps, you ask.   My regular daily walk is about 5500 steps.  We measured it off to be 5 kms    So that simple math says that we've each walked about 1818 kms in two years.  

Now it makes sense as to why |I have to buy sneakers so often. I bought a new pair of sneakers to celebrate this milestone.

7 comments:

Colleen G said...

Good for you, Gail; I have a program on my phone but I found between playing the music and the GPS associated with the step counting program, it sucked the battery down. When I used it in the morning, it had to charged back up. Maybe a dedicated Nana in my Christmas stocking would be a better idea. Kudos for your perseverance.

Donna's chitchat said...

congrats... that is amazing! I am so proud of you .. and you are my inspiration.. to try to get a walk in every day.. from now on!

Four dogs and one quilter said...

You are an inspiration to me. Will have to get that app for my phone and get walking. The dogs would approve.

Linda H said...

Congrats! That's quite a milestone!

Linda H said...

Congrats! That's quite a milestone!

Sandra said...

That's amazing. Did you use it on your trip to Europe? All those 1800 steps would have taken you to Wisconsin, almost to Nunavut!

www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/distances.html

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love the pedometer on the Ipod! I keep mine turned on as well and find it helps keep me motivated. Lucy