Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Winter Wonderland - More Rows...

At the Cotton Mill Guild meeting yesterday, we were given instructions to do two more rows on our Winter Wonderland Row of the Month project.   It's a really cute quilt, and  I'm enjoying the group activity.

I'm sticking to my guns and using up only scrap fabrics.  I don't do much machine blanket stitch applique so I'm learning how to do it as I go along on this Winter Wonderland row.   

For the mittens row, I'm to use a light blue background for the mittens.  I'm struggling to find something from my stash that looks good.        If I slip up on my "stash only" commitment  it'll be to buy a piece of blue background. 




2 comments:

Sandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandra said...

maybe instead of making a purchase, you could trade some blue background with a fellow quilter? Trade fabric for fabric, or for some other kind of barter. Send an email request to your guild friends, I'll bet someone has something you'd just love to own!