Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Welcome Home!

Welcome Home!   With a big inviting smile, that's what the customs guy said to us as we crossed the border.   You know, I thought it was nice and a touching sentiment, just the way he said it.   It was good to be across the border and driving down the river valley.  Yep, we're home.

But to tell you the truth, there was one thing I really wanted to accomplish while away.   I wanted to finish stitching my last, and it happens to be the largest block on my Winter Wonderland project.   I had been putting it off... not sure why... just procrastination I guess.    I stitched like mad the last few hours of the drive.  I didn't want to disappoint myself by not getting my one most important item done on my list.    Ahh....   that feels so good to be done.

The next phase for this project is to finish piecing the blocks that make the border.    That will have to wait until May because we're packing again for another big trip.    

3 comments:

Michelle Matheson said...

welcome home! Can't wait to see you sometime.. maybe in may?

paulette said...

We too just heard those magical words form the border guard too...only on the West Coast of Canada!! Nothing sweeter except maybe opening the front door to your house...and yelling "I'm HOME!!" Enjoy!!
Love your stitchery!! That one is on my TO DO LIST!
Take care...and welcome back!!

Anonymous said...

Glad that you are home safe and sound. Hope to see you tomorrow. Linda G