Saturday, April 7, 2012

It's a Zig Zag Baby Quilt

Today, two of my grand daughters, Grace and Caitlin are coming with me to a family baby shower.  My sister in law's daughter is becoming a grandmother for the second time and everyone is excited about the imminent arrival of this little babe. 

Since we don't know if baby is a boy or a girl, we kept our home made gifts neutral.   Lots of color.  I loved making this zig zag quilt with straight line quilting.   It's sort of modern.   All the fabric came from a 8-pack of fat quarters that I bought while south last month.  It was fun to make all the matching little things.  

The polka dot "Take-Along-Bag" is adorned with  applique "Baby" and will be useful for anything baby.   I made a little wristlet out of left over fabric and it has a little surprise inside.  It could be used to carry soothers, or just a little snack.  All the zigs on the quilt are made with various fabrics from the 8-pack.  The scrappy neutrals were extra. 

Of course I mentioned the other day, that I have a little mystery gift too.   It's all wrapped and  Caitlin and Grace will give it to the new mom.  They will help guide her as to what it's used for.  They'll have fun "being in the know".

2 comments:

Linda H said...

Hope the shower went well. I'm sure your gifts were a big hit. Especially the "mystery gifts"... could they guess what they were for?

Linda H said...
This comment has been removed by the author.