Saturday, January 28, 2012

Blooming 9-patch

Have you ever made a blooming 9 patch quilt?   Cecile G. from our guild led us in a workshop last week with her pointers on making the blooming nine patch.  

I'm having second thoughts about my colors.  I'm not sure what I was thinking!!  

Anyway before leaving for Cuba, I had all the larger squares and side setting triangles cut. Also, the binding done and 4 of the 7 sets of nine-patches are done.    I plan to get the other 3 sets of 9-patches done  the week after we arrive home from Cuba.  Then it'll all get stored in a nice kit, and the assembly of these nine-patches and between squares and setting triangles will be a nice little project for me while we are away in South Carolina next month.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

You are the ONE! I think the colors will be great, can't wait to see the top finished when you send a photo from south Carolina!