Sunday, November 27, 2011

My Sister's Oatmeal Cookies

I've been looking for a good oatmeal cookie recipe for some time now. And now I have one.   It's my sisters recipe.  I should have  known.  I make lots of her recipes, and they are all good.  

I know she won't mind if I share with you.    It makes 2 pans of cookies.   Approx. 50 cookies.

Oatmeal Cookies.

1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup butter
3/4  cup coconut
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup oatmeal
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp soda

Cream sugars, eggs, butter and vanilla.  Add dry ingredients and mix well.  Take spoonfuls about the size of a walnut, and bake on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 10 or 11 minutes.

3 comments:

Lee said...

You know my love of things oatmeal - I'll have to try these. What flake size of oatmeal and coconut works best?

Quilt n Queen said...

DH luvs oatmeal cookies...I'll have to surprise him and make a batch using your sister's receipe. Thanks gail.

Kathy said...

Has Donna ever added raisins to this recipe?