Tuesday, June 14, 2011

New shoes for my Featherweight

I love it when I order online and I get my things quickly.  Just last Monday, I placed an order for some Featherweight things from Featherweight 221.   In particular, the little shoes or feet on the bottom of my featherweight were flat, and somewhat sticky. I guess if I stood in my shoes for 60 years, they would need changing too.  Anyway they desperately needed replacement.  So, this whole order started out because I need the 4 little feet.    

And well, why not get a thread spring to keep the spool of thread from wobbling too bad.  And of course, every picture I see of a featherweight has the red felt thread pad for under the spool of thread.  Got to have one of those.   The Singer lube is hard to find, so I really needed one of those because next May, my machine will need a drop of lube.  And then I may as well have this great thread guide for stitching quarter inch seams or what ever size seam I need to do.  OK, my light bulb works great, but just in case it burns out from all my stitching, I now have a replacement bulb.....  And since I feel like I belong to a very unique group who own featherweight sewing machines, I ordered the lapel pin.  I'll wear it on my fabric nametag when I go to guild meetings.

And my FW friend Karen G. showed me her great book that shows how to operate all the antique attachments, like the ruffler. I now have this book too.  It has fabulous close up pictures and great instructions on using the attachments.    

So after all this, I know my sister will remind me of the well read kids book she bought me a couple of years ago "If you give a mouse a cookie".  

4 comments:

♪♪Melody♪♪ and Puddin said...

Your Singer is so lucky to live with you. I have a featherwight also and just love it.

Donna's chitchat said...

he will ask for a glass of milk!... bahhhaaaa

Its hard not to spoil the ole machine!

Sandra said...

Love the lapel pin! I need to have one of those too....

Linda H said...

Looks like you will be all set now....