Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sewing in the Rain

After 6 straight weeks of warm sunny weather, it's been cool and rainy all week.  Since Mitchell's quilt is done, I thought I'd sew up some simple mug mats.   Mug Mats are all the rage in blogland.. so I thought I'd give them a try.     They are bigger than a coaster and usually bound.   I did a little free motion and a little straight stitching.  I enjoyed making them.

The sun comes back tomorrow, so it's back to the beach to look for sharks teeth... which is one of our daily activities... to bring home to the kiddos..of course.

 

4 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

Gail, they are beautiful. I love them

Anonymous said...

You are so talented. Love the free motion quilting. Beautiful work. Lucy

Kathy said...

Mug rugs are all the rage aren't they? Good job and love the placemats that you made. Noticed today that it is only 11 degrees in Myrtle Beach. Hope that it warms up for you!

Joanne said...

More great quilting!!!♥