Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Beach Sunrise

Today will be our first full day at the Beach.  We love starting our day by watching the sunrise from the bedroom door.  These photos were taken 15 minutes apart this morning, right around 7am.  

When the sun breaks the horizon,  it's impossible to see the solitary bright star.  I am guessing it's the North Star, because it's north of us. 


We are so looking forward to getting into routine.  We're just itching to go for our daily beach walk.  The purpose of our walk today will be to mail a birthday card.    We'll look for dolphins too, but it might be a bit early in the month to see them.

Tomorrow, (OK, maybe this afternoon) the sewing machine gets set up.   I think my first sewing will be to continue working on Mitchell's quilt.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great way to start off the day. Beautiful view of the beach for sure. Happy walking and sewing. Lucy

Karen said...

Hi, Gail: You'll be happy to know we are having a miserable day - high winds, light snow, and total white-outs in some areas. Your beach looks pretty darned nice!

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Maybe I will send the kids down for March Break, LOL. Michele

Kathy said...

Glad that you are there safely and soundly Gail.
Great retreat! I came home though with a cold from HELL, that is improving but I will miss Friday morning so as not to pass on any germs to the next batch of travellers!

Anonymous said...

So glad you made it safe and sound. Hope the trip was good. The sun is shining here and I have the day off so I am not quite so jealous but thanks for sharing the sunrise. I so love walking on the beach! Linda G

cpm said...

Spectacular! What a great sight to wake up to! Enjoy!