Friday, January 28, 2011

Oat Demerara Shortbreads

Today, I hosted the Friday Girls coffee break.  I only have a couple more coffee breaks before I head south.  I'm going to really miss my Friday coffee breaks...Anyway when I host, I like to try a new recipe.   These girls would be honest if they didn't like something... So today it was a shortbread recipe out of my Canadian Living Holiday magazine.... Oat Demerara Shortbreads.  It's more like a Cape Breton Oatcake. and the picture in the magazine was beautiful.   I must say it turned out fabulous and so few ingredients to boot.  I like the presentation. It's baked in a round 9" pan and wedges are scored into the dough before baking and then again after baking.  A nice nice recipe.  Why not give it a try next time you have friends in for a coffee break.  The recipe is on the Canadian Living Recipe website, here...

2 comments:

MissesStitches said...

Looks yummy! Thanks for providing the link to the recipe. I definitely want to try this. Any type of shortbread is my favorite treat...

Joanne said...

Looks great - thanks for the link!