Monday, February 1, 2010

Sewing small stuff

This week, we'll be packing to head south for a couple of months. I'm taking some crazy quilting hand work to do while we're away, but I'm also taking my old sewing machine. Its hard deciding what sewing project(s) I should take with me.

I have a kit of fabric for a queen size quilt all ready cut and in a pizza box. It's for a LeMoyne Star from an older book by Marsha McCloskey, I brought that kit with us last year and didn't do it. I'm wondering if I should bring it again.

For a smaller project, I have the papers photocopied to paper piece a round table runner by Karen Neary. It's her Maritime Beauty pattern. I have left over batik fabrics from my house table runner that I plan to use them to make a Batik Beauty. I made this Beauty in Karen's class last spring and it's now at the cottage. It was my "prototype" and I really like it but now I do want to do a good one.


So, I'm thinking, thinking and thinking about what other sewing project I should bring with me. While I'm in my room thinking and cleaning up, I've been sewing small stuff.


Today I made a small pillowcase for a small pillow that has been kicking around my sewing room for a while now. I'll bring it to Aurora this weekend. Patience needed a couple of boy taggie blankets for a new baby coming soon, so they didn't take long to whip up. And lastly, I made a 5" by 7" bean bag. This will be used on the console of our car to hold the gps during our travels.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Will look forward to seeing your next Maritime Beauty; your first one was certainly stellar.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Gail, Love the pillow case. I am sure your granddaughter will really like it. I like your bean bag for the GPS. Great idea. I will have to make one for our trip to PEI. What did you put inside it??? Hugs Judy