Thursday, April 23, 2009

That's a Crock!

Last year, or was it the year before last, I was at a little lunch deli in Saint John. I was getting a sandwich for lunch and the cook came out of the back kitchen with a pot of steaming rice pudding. I haven't had rice pudding for years, but when I did have it, I loved it. So I got the rice pudding. I had a bit of sticker shock when it was $3.75 for a small bowl.. I would say half a cup. I ate this creamy, slightly sweet and cinnamon rice pudding and smacked my lips all afternoon. I gave thought to making some since I enjoyed it so much, but the idea completely vanished in time, what with my busy working girl schedule.

Then, last month, Mert and I were in a restaurant and had a meal that had a light desert with it. I can't even remember where. Again, the home made rice pudding was delicious and I was surprised when Mert seemed to enjoy it even more than me. So, since we've got home from south, I've been keeping my eye out for a nice recipe. Believe it or not, this creamy recipe from a Crock pot blog seemed to have lots of raves, and I had all the ingredients in the house.
So it's been cooking all day and it's on the menu for tonight. It looks and smells delicious. Want to come over for some?

2 comments:

pwl said...

It sounds yummy - and I'd love to come by. LOL

But I suspect it may not be diabetes friendly...

Anonymous said...

Yum, you should have made that over easter when I was home.....I love rice pudding.

Pear