Monday, February 2, 2009

Snowbirds are Heading South

In 10 days, hubby and I will be leaving the mountains of snow in our yard, to go to Myrtle Beach. Last year was our first year to do the snowbird thing and we really enjoyed just getting out of the cold and carry on with our normal routine. We don't consider this a vacation, but for not being a vacation, we're really looking forward to get out of Dodge! We rent a condo on the beach, cook our own meals and go for our daily walks. We pretty much do everything we would do at home. The weather is warmer than at home but certainly not too warm. The month of March will be 20 - 25 degrees.


Last year, we made a list of groceries that we can't buy or couldn't find in the States. So we're starting to buy things now to take with us. Who knew that you just couldn't buy Shreddies anywhere! Not so. We spoke to other Canadians who searched for the staple last year, without luck. I knew that King Cole or Red Rose tea would be hard to find so I brought that last year. . Also, a Caesar drink is just not the same without the rimmer. I think a Caesar is a Canadian thing.

Next, I start packing up a few sewing and knitting projects. It's hard to decide what and how much to bring. Last year, after a couple of weeks, I regretted not bringing anything to work on.


2 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

A trip to the beach sounds like fun - how long do you go for? I'm trying to talk Keith into taking me somewhere for a week on the ocean but he's really busy at work so I don't see it happening in the next few months.

pwl said...

Yay! Bloody Caesars! I remember the first time I asked for one in Ohio. They looked at me as if I had 2 heads. I think it's because they don't have Clamato juice (although I may be wrong). :)