Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A gift for Mary

Did you ever notice that I have a blog listed on my favorite blogs sidebar called Marys Quilts. I've been following her since I started blogging and I put her on my sidebar so it's easy to follow what she's doing. She shows many nice quilts, many are scrappy, which I love. She develops traditional patterns and offers them on her website for free. Mary is a longarm quilter who quilts many donation quilts. I don't keep count, but she lots every month. She pieces some herself, and other people send them to her to quilt, bind then donate.
Anyway, on her blog entry the other day, she asked if anyone would make her a graph paper/pen tote that is shown at this link. It's a great pattern that holds 8 pens and a 5" x 8" pad of graph paper. It closes up with a tie. So I made one today for her. This funky purple and green fabric reminds me of the wonky feathers that Mary does on a lot of her quilts.

So, here it is. I'll have it all packaged and addressed and I'll mail it to her when we get to Myrtle Beach on the 14th.

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

Oh how nice! She will love it!

Mary Johnson said...

You are so nice!! I do love it and the fabric is just gorgeous. Thank you SO much!

I don't have your email address to send you the mailing address. Will you email me?

mmcjohnson@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Love everything about it!

Kathy said...

Gail,
I love everything about it too!!!!!!!! Great job and choice of fabrics.
Sorry I will miss Friday (and the brownies!).
Kathy

Susan R said...

I read the pattern but wasn't sure how easy the binding would be to sew on (catching the inside as you stitch in the ditch and mitering the corners on the inside of the binder). Did you find this difficult?