Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Decisions, Decisions

Just before we head back north next month, we're going to take a side trip to Florida. Two things are happening. My daughter and son-in-law along with their 2 kids are going to be there for a week's vacation, so we'll plan a little visit with them.

But, just before they get to Orlando, there are 2 quilt/sewing related seminars happening in Florida. I bet I'm not the only quilter/sewer agonizing over which seminar to attend. Do I go to the Ricky Tims, Libby Lehman, and Alex Anderson Quilt seminar in Ocala, or do I attend this great Ann the Gran embroidery and sewing seminar that features as one of the educators, my long time favorite small projects sewer, Mary Mulari. She is the primary reason I'd like to attend this seminar. You would have seen Mary many times on Sewing with Nancy. She does great sweatshirt makeovers and many other small projects.

Who would you go see?

4 comments:

Melinda said...

I would have a difficult time deciding but think I would probably go see Alex, Ricky and Libby. I will be interested to see what you decide.

cpm said...

hmmm..after checking out both sites...my vote is with Ann the Gran (although I know NOTHING about quilting). Can't wait to see what you decide and what these people could possibly teach...YOU?!?

Linda H said...

Gail,
Having been to the Ricky Tims Seminar I can tell you it is fabulous. Great value for your money, and you will learn a lot. You get a 100+ page syllabus of all the notes, a quilt show of their work and the opportunity to buy all of their products. I know nothing about the other Seminar, but can assure you , you would not regret going to the R. Tims Seminar. I'm surprised it is not sold out already...

Linda G said...

A tough one Gail. Since I am not the embroidery guru that you are I guess I would go for the Ricky Tims. It sounds like a good part of the Gran one is on bedding and clothing. Are you going to venture into that too?