Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Crazy Quilting in MB - Week 1 of 4

So it was my intent to show some crazy quilting progress on Monday, but I didn't think I had enough to show. I only had some lace bits applied and I only started actually stitching yesterday.

I'm excited to tell you about this. In November as I was almost finished my first CQ project that I started in Linda H's Crazy Quilting class, I purchased a set of CQ stitching templates from Creative Stitchery Success Strips. I learned of these from CQ4fun's blog. She had recommended them with the disclaimer that you should not expect your stitching to be perfectly even, even with these strips.

So, yesterday was the first time I had used them since I received them. I can tell you that after a few simple lines of stitching, that I LOVE THEM. I found I could whip through a row in not time. As a newbie, during my first CQ project, I was constantly thinking, "Am I going to run out of room and have to squish the last stitch in?". Not that I worried too much over it, but I love to know how my line will end. I'm going to go back and review CQ4fun's blog entry that is listed above and review how she used them and start incorporating some fancy lines into my new project.

Here are a few my great first lines of stitching using the Success Strips. See how even they are! I'm so impressed with myself. Or should I say I'm impressed with how this product helped me.

4 comments:

Linda G said...

Wow they look great. Makes me almost want to hand stitch.

Anonymous said...

Those look fabulous! I always love that up and down look, like you've shown in the last picture. Great going!

Linda H said...

WOW! Gail! Imressive. They obviously work to give you a very even stitch. It was a good investment. You'll be stitching up a storm now...

Jo in NZ said...

These little numbers are what I use to mark seams. They are great. I don't follow the booklet (haven't even read it! LOL) but I do use them to mark spacing and height etc of the seams I create.