Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Christmas Crazy Quilted Socks

Is it too early to be thinking Christmas?

I have made these Crazy Quilt Sock bases to work on over the next 2 months. The real fun will start when I start embellishing. This will be my evening work while watching TV. I have to look back at my class notes.... what to do first... laces, I think.

As I move along, I'll be showing some nice lines of stitching that I complete, but since these 2 socks are going to 2 special girls for Christmas next year, I won't be able to display the whole thing until December... but I hope my crazy quilter friends come by each week - say Mondays - to see my progress...

I'm in the process of building a little gallery on my sidebar. The first photos in my gallery are detail shots of my crazy quilted sock that my friend and crazy quilt teacher, Linda Hubbard took with her camera recently. I love the detail pictures. Have a look and let me know what you think. I'll pick out more projects and add them over the next few weeks.

Also, my Selvage Cat Matt was featured on these 2 blogs yesterday. It really was a fun project and I'm saving selvages for another secret project that will be submitted into a quilt show in 2010.

http://cuteable.com/whats-in-blogland-3/4590

and

http://selvageblog.blogspot.com/2009/02/gail-mitchells-cat-mat.html

2 comments:

Linda H said...

Your sock bases look great Gail. That'll keep you busy on all those long boring nights down south - haha. Checked out your Gallery - looks great. I'm anxious to get mine set up...

Anonymous said...

Your Christmas socks will be fabulous! You did a great job of piecing them.