Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Stitching the Angel

Many of you know, that I love to sew. Some of you know that I have this great embroidery feature of my now 8 year old Pfaff sewing machine. I think it was one of the first machines to accept embroidery files from your computer to stitch. I did alot of stitching when I first got my machine, but not so much now. I'm taking a crazy quilting class in September and I've been pondering doing some free standing lace stitching to apply to my crazy quilted sock that I'm about to make. But I have been thinking of that for 2 months... not doing anything about it. Well, I did buy the proper water soluable backing when I went to Maine Quilts last month, but that was about it. This stuff is marvelous by the way.
Then yesterday there was a post on the Ace Points yahoo embroidery group that they were looking for a volunteer with a Pfaff who would test a design. So I sent a message and volunteered. The moderator of the group sent me the angel file from this collection. She is a sweet little angel and I think it was ment to be. She stitched out beautifully... the hair was a little dense, but the curls are so worth it. Here is a little pictorial of her creation. After I rinsed her in water, she held together beautifully. I laid her on the crazy quilted sock that will become her home. Funny how opportunities present themselves to you.

Some will ask, so I'll list the thread and colors I used. Marathon poly 2117, 2031, 2288, 2037 and 2282. I used a pre-wound white bobbin. I love this little combination. The Acepoint stitchout calls for blonde hair, but I didn't have the right color of yellow on hand, so she has light brown curls. I also used a standard embroidery needle by Oregon. I get most if not all of my supplies from Marathon Threads Canada.






























I'm uploading this video to show the creator of the little angel, how her hair stitched out.

No comments: