Sunday, June 22, 2008

The secret is out!

Off to the cottage we went for the weekend. Knowing the weather was not promising, I had high hopes of making a few juice bags that I'm behind on. I packed up my juice bags, old jeans etc, and away we went. On Saturday morning, the weather was very overcast and I thought to myself... no problem, I'll just start sewing. I thought I had brought my older sewing machine down to the cottage during our first van full of stuff when we first started up the cottage in early May, but you guessed it... I hadn't brought it. So it turned out to be a super relaxing weekend of watching TV, walking, and lying in the sun (it came out late on Saturday). I took some pictures of the plants which are all doing quite well despite the wet start to the spring. The birds nest that was in our upside down canoe is now vacated, and I took a picture of that. I am amazed that birds can make a perfectly round bowl out of mud. I also took pictures of plants in back of our cottage, to see if anyone can identify if they recognize poison ivy. And finally, I made myself a list of things I need to do this week, so I feel like I'm all organized for the week ahead. Mert puttered around the cottage all weekend. One of the things he did this morning was play with one of Kenny's fishing rods to see if it worked. The lure was a rubbery little octopus like thing. When you reeled in the line slowly, it looked like a little frog swimming. Very neat how they do that.. The poor fish now a days don't have a chance. In the old days, I used to use cut up wieners. :)

My secret is out of the bag, sorta. Those who guessed it has something to do with my sister, are right! I won't tell you what the secret is today, but I will tell you, that my sister will have to change her ways. Her family will now include a cross-eyed pair. I think she's ok with all this. She'll probably take a picture and show you on Tuesday.

1 comment:

Donna's chitchat said...

It better not be a pair of cross eyed kittens. Change my ways...never! There must be a way to uncross those eyes.!

Oh, how cute.. a birds nest in the canoe... oh....
you didn't post the pics of the plants....