Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Lighthouses and Knitting

Well, our trip to Newfoundland is almost over. Yesterday we travelled from Bonavista to Twillingate. Jill who is a friend of my sisters, told me her hubby is from Fogo Island. That's only a hop and skip away from Twillingate by ferry. Along the way, with so many coves, we saw lots of lighthouses. Here are a few really nice ones. The top one is at Twillingate, the other one is at Bonavista. At the Bonavista lighthouse giftshop, we saw some great knitting. These Newfie mitts have trigger fingers. I love the way the look when there are so many of them. I also love, love, love this knit sweater. If any of you know where to get this pattern, please let me know. It's definitely a classic sweater.
So, today, we're back in St. John's getting organized for our flight back to Freddy Beach. We're heading out to the mall to get some last minute things and souviners.
We'll talk you all when we get back on the mainland tomorrow around suppertime.

1 comment:

Donna's chitchat said...

Awesome sweater. I am glad you are coming home. I am sick of you being away! Just think, three more sleeps and we are together again for one night! Yipee... and I get to stay in a hotel. I can't remember the last time I got to stay in a hotel~