Saturday, December 1, 2007

Yummy Pumpkin Latte

My dad, we call him Grampa, turns 78 today. I gave him a Tim Hortons gift set with a can of coffee, a new TH mug, and a gift card.

Speaking of Coffee - while in New York the week before last, we were waiting to board the SMT tour bus to get our 5 hour Manhattan tour. At the same time and place, - in front of Starbucks, they happened to be outside giving out small coffee samples. The drink was in a paper cup about half the size of the small Tim Hortons paper cup - so, maybe 4 oz. I couldn't tell what it looked like because the top of the cup was completely covered with swirly whipped topping. I asked what it was... and the Starbucks girl said, our holiday flavor - Pumpkin Spice Latte. So, I took two, one for me and one for Mert. As I was boarding the bus, the bus driver said, "Where's mine?" I said "right here" and gave him one of the samples. I went to my seat on the bus to join Mert and we shared the other one. So.. was it ever good!! Not the taste of pumpkin, but the nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves. It was sweet, smooth. So the next day - the day of the Macy's parade, we stopped into Starbucks and we each got one. Not the Tall 10 oz one, but the Grande 16 oz one of course. That turned out to be a little too big because it's so sweet. It's a great thing to either have a very small one once in a while, or a Grande one once a year. It was delicious.

Well, back to the reality of Freddy Beach, today I went for a half hour run on the treadmill at the YMCA this morning. I hadn't run for 5 days..I was trying to get to Christmas before I had to move to an indoor method of running, but it looks like old man winter is here. The roads are snowpacked today. It's -7 and blustery. My fall on the ice the other day reminded me, that if I'm not smart, I might fall and really hurt myself if I keep trying to do the outdoor thing. I'm scheduled to go for an official tour of the YMCA on Tuesday and it looks like that's going to be my running home for the next 4 or 5 months. I can hardly wait for spring already to start running outdoors again. Isn't that sad!

I watched Oprah yesterday. Is she putting her weight back on? Oh the poor thing. She must be devistated. That's my nightmare.

1 comment:

Donna's chitchat said...

I have a funny starbucks story and it about a Gingerbread Latte... I will blog it to match your story!!!

Oprah has a thyroid problem... I thought you knew that. I bet she is upset... I would be, after all the work she does to keep her weight off....just like you!! Congrats on going to the Y... I start my video program today, after not doing it for 2 full week!!! I am very excited.